Executive Assistant to the CEO
New York, NY /
Operations – Operations /
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open-source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom line growth.
We’re seeking an experienced and self-motivated executive assistant to support the CEO. This role requires superior organizational skills, strong attention to detail, powerful intuition and the ability to juggle multiple high-priority requests. The primary mission of the role is to anticipate the needs of the CEO, and provide strategic administrative and project management support.
You will work to preserve the sense of community and collaborative culture at Trail of Bits and position the CEO in an accessible place. You’ll be responsible for physical and digital office logistics, planning and executing internal and external events, and you’ll support administration for ad hoc projects. The ideal candidate possesses a ‘no task too small, no task too big’ attitude, is naturally empathetic, proactively owns and solves problems, and brings everyone along in the fun.
- Draft and manage all email correspondence, communications, and data entry on behalf of the CEO, including all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Execute extensive calendar management and travel planning for internal and external meetings; including domestic and international travel.
- Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences etc., and ensure full preparation.
- Serve as the primary contact both internally and externally on all matters that pertain to the CEO.
- Act as a gatekeeper to ensure the CEO's time is spent on the highest priority issues.
- Plan and execute company events, meetings, off-sites, and other special functions.
- Organize and execute our public events such as Empire Hacking, conferences, public company parties, etc in coordination with the editorial team.
- Manage office administration including but not limited to swag, office inventory, physical mail, and visitor coordination.
- Work with external vendors of office services and repairs as needed.
- 10-20% time spent on personal assistant projects, including but not limited to managing personal household needs, such as laundry, dog walking, scheduling a contractor, etc.
- Assist and own other ad-hoc projects.
- 6+ years of recent administrative/executive support, reporting to one or more executives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Significant executive support experience, including C-suite executive support.
- Has implemented a process or playbook to keep the CEO’s daily tasks aligned.
- Ability to complete a high volume of projects with little or no guidance.
- Exceptional organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment's notice.
- Provide quick response or turnaround on urgent situations or events.
- Proficiency of Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets) and Slack.
- Willing to work out of our NYC office.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for Eligible US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through JustWorks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Moving expenses: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donation matching up to $2,000.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year.
- 14 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
- Manage your student loans right alongside your 401(k) in Betterment.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.