Executive Assistant to the CEO
New York, NY /
Operations – General & Administrative /
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open-source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom line growth.
We’re seeking an experienced and self-motivated Executive Assistant to work alongside our CEO. This role requires superior initiative, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple high-priority requests while interfacing professionally with people inside and outside the company. You’ll be joining the management team of a premier cybersecurity company with direct access to its leadership. You’ll have the power to make a significant and direct impact on the company, and the opportunity for stretch roles and career growth.
Your primary mission is to help keep people happy, cohesive, and unencumbered by administrative tasks in both the local and remote offices. You will work to preserve the sense of community and to make everyone feel part of the team. You’ll be responsible for physical and digital office logistics, planning and executing internal and external events, and you’ll support administration for ad hoc projects. With time and trust, you’ll help maintain externally-facing resources such as our website, social media, newsletters, and more. The ideal candidate possesses a ‘no task too small, no task too big’ attitude, is naturally empathetic, proactively owns and solves problems, and brings everyone along in the fun.
- Provide strategic administrative and project management support for Trail of Bits’ CEO
- Draft and manage all correspondence, communications, and data entry on behalf of the CEO, including all incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage office administration (minimal — most office services are provided by WeWork) including but not limited to office supplies, physical mail, and visitor coordination
- Extensive calendar management and travel planning for internal and external meetings; including domestic and international travel
- Plan and execute team events, meetings, off-sites, and other special functions
- Organize and execute our public events such as Empire Hacking, conferences, public company parties, etc.
- Think ahead about new team initiatives, culture-building events and business efficiencies
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, maintaining a professional and collaborative demeanor at all times
- Act as a gatekeeper to ensure the CEO's time is spent on the highest priority issues
- Manage the office inventory (including equipment, SWAG, supplies, etc.), and ensure that it is accounted for, organized, and re-ordered when needed
- Conference room maintenance; book rooms, handle room setup, breakdown and special requests, and coordinate desk space and office resources for visiting remote employees
- Work with external vendors of office services and repairs as needed
- As-needed conduct data entry and expense tracking, especially for the leadership team
- Assist with management of company website, Twitter, Snapchat etc.
- Assist and own other ad-hoc projects
- 2+ years of recent, administrative/executive support, reporting to one or more executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with executives in a fast-paced environment preferably in technology, management consulting or finance firms, hyper-growth environments, or startups
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Command of Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets), Microsoft Office, and Slack
- Proficiency with Expensify, Slack Harvest, Abacus, Lever, Mailchimp, Trello, Calendly a plus
- Flexible in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness with a positive “can-do” spirit
- Natural ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Incredibly well organized and flexible in approach; you remain calm in a crisis
- Quick learner — have a “knack” for tech — able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Independent — can works under little direction and exercise sound judgment when making time-sensitive decisions
- Team player — thrives in a team setting and are willing to help others
- Self-starter — knows when to trust instincts and when to ask for help
- Problem solver — proactively finds creative solutions efficiently and proactively
- Trustworthy — demonstrate impeccable discretion with access to sensitive company, customer, and personal information
- Excellent interpersonal skills — find fulfillment in anticipating and exceeding needs
- Detail-oriented — collaborator who is only satisfied with 100% accuracy
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- You will work at our office in NYC
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for Eligible US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through Justworks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership.
- 14 paid company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 3-4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Annual charitable donation matching up to $2,000.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.