Account Executive (US only)
Professional Services – Sales /
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open-source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom line growth.
Trail of Bits is looking for an experienced Account Executive to provide support to the sales and product teams. The successful candidate will become the initial point of contract for prospects and customers. They will own lead generation, account management, expansions, upsells and renewals. They will coordinate sales meetings, process contracts, organize project schedules, and own additional sales activities as requested. The goal of this role is to facilitate the team’s internal activities to maximize performance as the company grows.
- Manage all incoming sales requests from the "Contact Us” page on our website and coordinate sales calls using Calendly
- Own outbound lead generation and new lead prospecting
- Enter and manage all sales opportunities in CRM, PipeDrive
- Compile and organize customer pre-sales documentation throughout the sales process
- Create kick-off call agendas and summarize customer documentation to be provided to the sales manager beforehand
- Incorporate key technical stakeholders when needed during the sales process
- Process contracts with accuracy and timeliness using DocuSign and Google Drive
- Coordinate project resourcing using an internal skills matrix and Forecast
- Provide post-sales support, project coordination and asset management when requested
- Own all account management, upsells, renewals and expansions of current customers
- 4+ years outbound B2B SaaS sales experience.
- Experience selling cybersecurity software solutions preferred.
- Proficient software skills, including but not limited to: Google Drive, Slack, Calendly, PipeDrive, Forecast and Unanet.
- Well-organized self-starter.
- A team player with a high level of dedication.
- Enthusiastic about customer experience and team success.
- Exceptional problem-solving and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with continual demands and changing priorities.
- Must live within the United States.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for Eligible US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through Justworks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership.
- 14 paid company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 3-4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Annual charitable donation matching up to $2,000.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.