Project Manager, Assurance
Professional Services – Project Management /
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
Trail of Bits is looking for a project manager to manage client engagements, ensuring positive customer experience and project success. You will join the Professional Services team supporting the Assurance practice, where we engage with clients to provide low-level reviews of the security of their applications, infrastructure, software, cryptography, and blockchains. You will be responsible for leading customer calls throughout engagements, facilitating project lifecycles and fostering customer relationships. Many of our clients return for additional projects so you may work with the same client for an extended period.
Your impact will be executed largely in post-sale coordination working alongside our sales team, engineers, our clients, other project managers, and the director of professional services. Your influence will help Trail of Bits increase upsells, client retention, and customer success. You will succeed in this role if you are interested in cybersecurity, consulting, enterprise sales, and possess a deep understanding of project management.
- Manage a high volume of projects simultaneously, each with its own unique set of requirements, with several phases, teams, and stakeholders — often distributed across multiple time zones.
- Engage with Trail of Bits engineers to set resource planning needs, align skill sets, outline project milestones, and determine project success metrics.
- Conduct engagement inception meetings, kickoff calls, weekly status calls, and project retrospectives.
- Solicit and collect feedback from customers throughout client engagements and make adjustments as needed to ensure success.
- Readily adapt to changes in schedule, team, and logistics while maintaining project scope and milestones.
- Collaborate with the project technical team to write technical progress reports for customers and help improve internal processes.
- Document lessons learned from project success and failures and recommend workflow improvements.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction and foster customer relationships with the goal of retention, upsells, and expansion.
- 3-5 years of client-facing project management experience required
- Experience in managing long and short-term consulting projects from inception through delivery
- Familiarity with the concepts of security testing and cybersecurity is necessary
- Experience managing technical services teams, especially in security consulting
- Ability to prioritize across multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities
- Proficient experience in GitHub and Google Suite
- Experience with Unanet, Forecast, and Nifty is a plus
- Experience working in a collaborative remote environment distributed across multiple time zones
- Experience managing client relationships and identifying new opportunities with existing customers
- Strategic and creative thinking, with a proven ability to develop new business ideas
- Evidence of outstanding verbal and written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Must live in the United States
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for Eligible US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through Justworks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and free memberships with One Medical and Talkspace.
- 14 paid company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 3-4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Annual charitable donation matching up to $2,000.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.