Professional Services – Sales /
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open-source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
The account manager will manage all inbound sales leads, retain existing clients relationships and expand key customer interactions. The main responsibility of an account manager will be to manage clients’ expectations, oversee the process of service delivery, and ensure that all customer needs are sufficiently met in a timely fashion.
The account manager will serve as the single Trail of Bits point of contact for individual clients and will help liaise with the customer project team, our internal project managers, and engineers to drive the success of each engagement. The account manager will stay closely aligned throughout the engagement to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
The account manager will collaborate with technical team members to ensure the technical nature of each engagement is fulfilled while following an organized and repeatable sales process lifecycle. They will provide process improvement recommendations and serve as the driver for building new internal sales processes to best serve the needs of our customers and Trail of Bits.
- Qualify and manage inbound sales leads to generate new customer opportunities.
- Independently host all kick-off sales calls to gather client qualifications, needs, and expectations.
- Determine the technical needs of customers and successfully sell the Trail of Bits services that best address their needs.
- Strategic prospecting for certain accounts and clients.
- Prioritize strategic and high-profile client opportunities working alongside Trail of Bits leadership to ensure their success.
- Collaborate with the sales coordinator for all client communications, scheduling, generating quotes, and sales negotiations.
- Partner with the project managers to ensure accurate engineer staffing alignment based on the needs of the customer and project.
- Manage the workflow and data management of the Trail of Bits CRM.
- Build systems that increase account efficiency and improve record keeping.
- Foster existing client relationships as the Trail of Bits single point of contact.
- Research prospective client accounts to expand Trail of Bits' reach in the industry.
- Continuously expand cybersecurity consulting, sales, and engineering knowledge.
- 5+ years of B2B SaaS solution sales experience
- Previous account management experience required
- Experience collaborating with project managers and engineers
- Experience selling cybersecurity software solutions or consulting services preferred
- Strong ability to understand technical customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, driven, and self-starter
- Must be US-based
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through Justworks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and free memberships with One Medical and Talkspace.
- 14 paid company holidays and four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 3-4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Annual charitable donation matching up to $2,000.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.