Senior Machine Learning Engineer
What if everyone could afford the trainers and scientists that help Steph Curry achieve his optimal athletic performance?
Pivot’s unique mix of 3D sensors and cutting-edge algorithms help deliver an incredible live home fitness experience. Our elite trainers are informed in real-time when customers make mistakes, so they can focus their attention on those that need it most. We already have the largest tagged 3D data set ever assembled for human motion, and it’s growing every day. This gives us the power to predict user performance, plan workout programs optimized just for you, and identify mistakes in your technique within milliseconds.
At Pivot, you'll be responsible for improving our pipeline for processing 3D data of human exercise and for deepening our engines for workout recommendations, difficulty scaling, and personalization. We're looking for a creative problem solver who has broad knowledge of a variety of fields within machine learning, and is interested in building real world solutions that impact our customers directly.
Pivot aims to deliver the first comprehensive fitness training that's based on real science, not bro science.
- M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- Fluency with one or more modern neural network frameworks such as Tensorflow, Torch, or Theano
- 5+ years programming experience in C++
- 3+ years of work experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Strong mathematical background (3D geometry, linear algebra, numerical methods, algorithms)
- 5+ years experience with Python
- Familiarity with the state of the art in supervised learning research
- Experience with cloud computing environments (AWS/Azure/GCE)
- Immediate availability
- Gym memberships: We have amazing weight sets in the office (obviously) but we're all active people and enjoy lots more than just weight training — paid for by Pivot.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 12 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Pivot.