Senior Back End Engineer
What if everyone could afford the trainers and scientists that help Steph Curry achieve his optimal athletic performance?
Enter Pivot: the first connected home gym that can literally see your workout and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer fitness experience in live and on-demand classes. Our advanced computer vision technology empowers expert instructors to train and motivate you from a distance, with AI-powered motion sensors that count your reps and correct your form in real-time.
Launching with a variety of strength training classes and programs proven to get results, and packaged in a sleek design, Pivot includes all the weights and accessories you need to get an amazing workout in the comfort of your home and on your time, whether your goal is to trim down, tone up, or simply feel your best.
Pivot is the first and only connected home gym that can see your workout and use that data to give you a richer and more effective experience in live classes led by expert trainers.
• $17.5M in funding from DCM, Founders Fund, Khosla, SignalFire, Bling, and Y Combinator
• Team includes alumni from Google, Pixar, Airbnb, YouTube, Netflix, and Orangetheory
You'll be responsible for architecting and delivering features for Pivot's back-end systems. Using your expertise in Python, AWS, and systems architecture, you will develop robust solutions to manage our data, APIs, live video systems, and other critical backend features.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience with Python, Flask, AWS, dev ops, Docker, and general systems architecture.
- 5+ years in senior back-end engineering roles
- Experience scaling apps and services
- Familiarity with Git and agile best practices
- CI experience (Travis, Circle, Jenkins, etc)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Willingness to relocate to the Bay Area
- Experience with Linux programming
- M.S. degree in Computer Science
- Passion for fitness
- Immediate availability