Battle Creek, MI
TRMI, Inc – Production Engineering (Printed Circuit Board)
To manage and coordinate the activities of Engineers and Technicians engaged in developing, evaluating and improving production processes with Printed Circuit Board Assembly and Final Assembly in order to ensure compliance with quality standards and production schedules. To manage and coordinate the activities of the Printed Circuit Board and Final Assembly Engineers and Technicians engaged in the installation, repair, replacement, and preventative maintenance of machinery, tools, fixtures, and fabrication equipment so manufacturing may achieve its goals and implement kaizen improvements.
To plan and coordinate the integration of new machinery and equipment into manufacturing processes, including fabrication and testing of new machine components and tooling for the production of new products. To co-develop preventative maintenance programs for production and assembly machinery, tooling and equipment and testing of processes and machinery to identify and resolve production problems and development and implementation of ergonomic improvements.
- Thorough working knowledge of mechanical and manufacturing organization, including JIT manufacturing theory.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering.
- Computer literacy and ability to operate computer controlled machinery and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Lock Out Tag Out procedures
- Thorough working knowledge of principles and application of statistical process control.
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings, engineering designs and specifications, and operating instructions.
- Extensive practical knowledge of the principles of electricity/electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Good organization, managerial, supervisory and team building skills along with budget planning and control principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of safety rules, regulations and requirements, including OSHA and MIOSHA rules and regulations, and MSDS requirements.
- Knowledge of TQM theory, principles and application techniques; quality assurance and control principles and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 8 years progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing environment, including at least 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
TRMI, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Battle Creek, MI, TRMI, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan.
TRMI was founded in 1986 and currently employs 650+ at our Battle Creek location.
We manufacture automotive switch related components such as: window regulators, cruise control, turn signals, multi-function and HVAC switches.
Shift your career into drive and help TRMI make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRMI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.