TRAM, Inc. – Purchasing
The Tokai Rika Group is seeking an Commodity Buyer who has strong analytical skills as well as strong skills in dealing with commercial issues, planning, negotiation and communication.
- Lead, negotiate, and coordinate all sourcing functions.
- Analyze supply base capability and quotations to determine most appropriate source.
- Manage key supplier relationships and supplier partnerships
- Develop and execute commodity strategies to support department and company goals
- Establish commodity standards: parts list, cost standards, business process work, etc.
- Negotiate costs, terms, quality, technology and delivery of materials and/or services
- Work with supply base and internal departments to achieve cost targets
- Work with suppliers on Kaizen, setting targets and implementing APR, VA/VE and cost reduction strategies
- Perform supplier assessments for localization efforts
- Monitor commodity concerns and ensure supply stability
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business related fields
- 1+ years exp in auto components purchasing or related field
- Proven negotiation skills to achieve cost reduction targets
- Experience in buying Resin
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills, good mathematics aptitude and problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel 25 – 35%
- Must have experience with ERP software, preferably BPCS
TRAM, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Plymouth, MI, TRAM, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TRAM was founded in 1986 and currently employs 2,500+ people at our 5 locations.
We manufacture automotive components such as switch-related products (window regulators, headlights, cruise control, turn signals, multifunction and HVAC switches), security and safety-related products (shift levers, steering wheels, steering locks, seat belts, key cylinders, mechanical and remote keys).
Shift your career into drive and help TRAM make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRAM, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about our companies, please see our web site at http://www.tokai-rika.co.jp/en/
This is a great opportunity to join our growing organization and enhance your skills to become a valuable member of our successful team!