Battle Creek, MI
TRMI, Inc – Production Engineering (Printed Circuit Board)
The successful candidate will provide technical support for electronic and electro-mechanical assembly equipment and processes, including the initiation and modification of processes for the production of new components; fabrication and testing of new machine components and tooling for the production of new products; development of preventive maintenance programs for production and assembly machinery, tooling and equipment; and testing of processes and machinery to identify and resolve production problems.
This position will be responsible to procure manufacturing and test equipment for new product launches, troubleshoot equipment or production issues to maintain and meet the Customer’s demands. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to implementing continuous improvement activities to increase productivity, while maintaining a safe work environment that meets the quality standards established by TRMI and/or the Customer.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Extensive practical knowledge of the principles of electricity/electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Computer literacy and ability to operate computer controlled machinery and equipment.
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical drawings, engineering designs and specifications, and operating instructions.
- Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of through-hole insertion and/or electrical and electronic assembly machinery and equipment.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of manufacturing administration, including JIT manufacturing theory.
- Thorough knowledge of in circuit and function testing, surface mount, wave solder and through-hole component processing.
- Experience with time studies and line balancing.
- Full familiarity of the principles and applications of statistical process control.
- Thorough knowledge of quality standards in automotive manufacturing.
- Experience with programming and development of vision systems
- Bachelors degree in manufacturing, electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering or engineering technology from an ABET accredited institution combined with a minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering, including providing engineering support for through-hole insertion and/or other production and assembly machinery and equipment preferred.
- IPC Solder Certified or equivalent training a plus.
TRMI, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Battle Creek, MI, TRMI, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan.
TRMI was founded in 1986 and currently employs 650+ at our Battle Creek location.
We manufacture automotive switch related components such as: window regulators, cruise control, turn signals, multi-function and HVAC switches.
Shift your career into drive and help TRMI make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRMI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.