Engineering Section Manager
TAC Manufacturing, Inc. – Assembly Engineering
Candidate will direct and coordinate research and development activities to support and improve current manufacturing processes; new program launch of new tools and equipment for organizational products, services, or ideologies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Supervise and coordinate the creation and improved performance of automotive component manufacturing processes. This position reports directly to the Assembly Engineering Manager.
- Creation and maintenance of all process documentation (Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, etc.)
- Design and develop new manufacturing processes, determine equipment requirements, review capacity for future projects, and specify or design new equipment as required.
- Work with outside vendors to ensure quality and delivery performance
- Determine manpower requirements
- Verify and improve performance through time studies and line balancing
- Understand safety and quality requirements for new processes
- Work closely with other departments (Design, Quality, Production, Maintenance, Etc.) to ensure reliable processes
- Provide support and continuous improvement to existing manufacturing processes
- Troubleshoot and countermeasure any machine or process problems
- Communicates problems / solutions with engineering department to ensure same activity is avoided in other manufacturing areas.
- Perform yearly performance evaluations / maintain compliance to company guidelines
- Maintain department project schedules.
- Approves time cards and vacation requests.
- 5+ years engineering experience in a high volume, automotive production environment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from and accredited institution
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills; specifically Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Previous management experience preferred
TAC Manufacturing, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Jackson, MI, TAC Manufacturing, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TAC was founded in 1991 and currently employs 700+ people at our Jackson, MI location.
We manufacture security and safety-related products: shift levers, shift-by-wire, steering wheels, steering locks, key cylinders, mechanical and remote keys, and more.