Product Design Engineer
TRAM, Inc. – Design Engineering
The Tokai Rika Group, a Japanese Tier 1 Automotive Supplier, is looking for a Design Engineer that is ready to learn. Our Product Design Engineers work on exciting critical projects that provide creativity to design different products that drivers will touch and feel every day and in the future. As part of this, we now have an opening for a Product Design Engineer! Check out the details and apply now!
- Assist with design & development of switches:
- Maintain thorough familiarity with TRAM, Inc. switch designs and electronic circuit designs
- Developing technically efficient and economically feasible switch designs in a timely manner
- Standardizing components, product assemblies & engineering methods, ensuring cost efficiency
- Creating, developing & analyzing experimental test programs for prototype products
- Support development of engineering design concepts per Customer specifications and requirements, considering:
- Manufacturing processes, Cost, Material & component specifications, & other production factors
- Support preparation of product (part, assembly,&component) drawings, layouts & schematics based on:
- Accurate & consistent calculation of engineering factors & Customer requirements
- Design standards
- Use CAD to analyze designs, create drawings & perform feasibility and package studies
- Assist with CAE analysis (w/ assistance) and analyze the result to assess design integrity
- Support local Manufacturing:
- Attend Product Development Team (PDT) meetings
- Keep Supplier/Manufacturer updated on upcoming ECI’s (minimize applicable financial losses)
- Provide Technical Support to Manufacturing Plants and Suppliers on necessary basis
- Supply CAD, drawings, and reports of possible failures on new designs
- Assist with supporting development, preparation & problem resolution/troubleshooting
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Management, Mechanical, Electrical or a related engineering field.
- 3-5 years of engineering experience preferred.
- Willingness / ability to travel to TRAM Group plant and customer sites. Travel estimated to be 25 – 35%.
- Strong communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- CATIA skills preferred.-
TRAM, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Plymouth, MI, TRAM, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TRAM was founded in 1986 and currently employs 2,500+ people at our 5 locations.
We manufacture automotive components such as switch-related products (window regulators, headlights, cruise control, turn signals, multifunction and HVAC switches), security and safety-related products (shift levers, steering wheels, steering locks, seat belts, key cylinders, mechanical and remote keys).
Shift your career into drive and help TRAM make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRAM, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about our companies, please see our web site at http://www.tokai-rika.co.jp/en/
This is a great opportunity to join our growing organization and enhance your skills to become a valuable member of our successful team!