Section Manager- 3rd Shift
Battle Creek, MI /
TRMI, Inc – Manufacturing (Final Assembly) /
To develop short and long range plans for and manage the activities of Team Leaders and Associates engaged in assembling, testing and inspecting automotive switches and components in order to ensure compliance with quality standards and production schedules, thereby ensuring the continuous ability of TRMI to deliver high quality products to its customers at competitive cost.
- Supervise, train and coordinate activities of Team Leader(s).
- Coordinate daily manpower resources to meet the orders of the customer.
- Provide responsible leadership for Team Leaders and all Associates in order to facilitate participation in decision making and development of individual skills and abilities.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Coordinates production activities with support departments to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Consults with Production Control personnel relative to production volumes and customer needs.
- Thorough working knowledge of manufacturing of manufacturing organization, including JIT manufacturing theory, TPS and TQM.
- Thorough working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic principles.
- Thorough working knowledge of principles and application of statistical process control.
- Practical knowledge of assembly and testing equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of industrial and process engineering.
- Excellent organizational, managerial and supervisory skills.
- Thorough knowledge of safety rules regulations and requirements, including OSHA and MIOSHA rules and regulations and MSDS requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing administration or other relevant discipline, combined with 4 years progressively responsible experience in the manufacture of electronic assemblies, including at least 2 years experience in management and supervising others preferred.
- High school degree combined with 8 years of progressively responsible experience in assembly production, including 2 years of management experience preferred.
TRMI, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Battle Creek, MI, TRMI, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan.
TRMI was founded in 1986 and currently employs 650+ at our Battle Creek location.
We manufacture automotive switch related components such as: window regulators, cruise control, turn signals, multi-function and HVAC switches.
Shift your career into drive and help TRMI make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRMI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.