Shipping Team Leader- 3rd Shift
Battle Creek, MI /
TRMI, Inc – Production Control (Shipping) /
To organize and direct the stocking and flow of materials, components and finished goods supplied by assembly in order to ensure the continuous availability of and easy access to stocks for daily use in the production of high quality products to meet customer requirements.
To supervise and coordinate the activities of warehouse Associates engaged in delivery of components to manufacturing and in verifying and maintaining records of materials received or goods shipped; and to plan and implement practices and procedures to accomplish goals and objectives for shipping and packaging operations.
- Working knowledge of inventory control, shipping and/or receiving practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of freighting practices and procedures, rate structures, and routing.
- Knowledge of material handling practices and procedures and OSHA/MIOSHA rules, regulations and requirements.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Demonstrable supervisory skills.
- Ability to prioritize the workload.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of TS 16949 requirements for packaging and deliveries.
- Familiarity with material control processes and procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of TPS, including Kanban system, 5 S’s and visual control preferred.
- Associate’s degree combined with 2 years experience in inventory control, shipping, receiving, and/or warehousing.
- High school diploma or GED and 5 years experience in inventory control, shipping, receiving, and/or warehousing.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
TRMI, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Battle Creek, MI, TRMI, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan.
TRMI was founded in 1986 and currently employs 650+ at our Battle Creek location.
We manufacture automotive switch related components such as: window regulators, cruise control, turn signals, multi-function and HVAC switches.
Shift your career into drive and help TRMI make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRMI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.