Senior Manager of Operations
Ashley, IN /
TRIN, Inc. – Manufacturing /
This position is responsible for all areas of the operations at a Japanese owned tier 1 automotive parts supplier. The Senior Manager of Operations is a part of the top management team and has 4 direct reports in the areas of Assembly, Quality, Production Engineering and Production Control.
- Provide responsible leadership for Managers, Section Managers, Team Leaders and all Associates.
- Set location and all department goals linking to the objectives outlined by the World and North American headquarters.
- Perform budget planning & management activities including: capital equipment, department expense, headcount planning and labor budgets.
- Monthly report out internally and to the headquarters office regarding the status of production, quality and financial results.
- Work with the team on profit planning and cost reduction activities.
- Lead Toyota Production System activities within the plant to achieve customer requirements efficiently while maintaining high quality products.
- Provide performance appraisal feedback to direct reports and participate in succession planning meetings.
- Strong assembly / manufacturing knowledge.
- Good understanding of quality assurance and control systems.
- Solid financial planning & management ability.
- Very effective management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to change direction quickly when necessary.
- Experience working for Japanese owned company is preferred.
- 10% travel to other locations.
TRIN Manufacturing, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford). Located in Ashley, Indiana, TRIN Manufacturing, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TRIN Inc. was founded in 1997 and currently employs 225+ people at our Ashley, IN location. We manufacture in-car switches for windows, steering, hazard and seat heater/memory. The TRIN Inc. location is an Automotive Assembly facility.