Manufacturing Team Leader
Battle Creek, MI
TRMI, Inc – Manufacturing (Final Assembly)
This is a 3rd Shift Position
To supervise and coordinate the activities of Associates engaged in assembling, testing and inspecting automotive switches to ensure compliance with quality standards and delivery schedules, allowing TRMI the continuous ability to deliver high quality products to its customers at competitive cost. To provide responsible management for team members in order to facilitate participation in decision making and development of individual skills and abilities.
- Must be able to work third shift.
- Thorough working knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures and “Just-in-Time” manufacturing theory and principles.
- Thorough working knowledge of statistical process control theory, principles and applications.
- Working knowledge of TRMI policies, procedures and practices.
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet application software.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, diagrams, engineering specifications, manuals and operating instructions.
- Good interpersonal and human relation skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent supervisory and managerial skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have the flexibility to work other schedules/shifts as business needs change.
- High school diploma or GED and 5 years combined experience in supervisory / management and manufacturing, including at least one year of progressively responsible manufacturing experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in automotive manufacturing strongly preferred.
TRMI, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Battle Creek, MI, TRMI, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan.
TRMI was founded in 1986 and currently employs 650+ at our Battle Creek location.
We manufacture automotive switch related components such as: window regulators, cruise control, turn signals, multi-function and HVAC switches.
Shift your career into drive and help TRMI make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRMI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.