Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
Jackson, MI /
TAC Manufacturing, Inc. – Maintenance /
****RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION****
Candidate will maintain and keep production equipment running, as well as conduct predictive and preventive maintenance on production equipment and facilities. They will be responsible for repairs assigned that are typically of a complex nature and require a high degree of skill and thorough working knowledge of machine maintenance practices and techniques. Will maintain and keep production equipment running, as well as conduct predictive and preventive maintenance on production equipment and facilities.
· Responsible for repairs assigned that are typically of a complex nature and require a high degree of skill and thorough working knowledge of machine maintenance practices and techniques.
· Fabricate tools and fixtures for new and used equipment.
· Troubleshoot PLC programming.
· Install new and used equipment.
· Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
· Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
· Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
· Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
· Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
· Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
· Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
· Repairs broken parts.
· Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
· Modifies computer controlled motion of robot.
· Assists Production Engineer(s) to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components, such as, hydraulic system and drive mechanism.
· Work with small hand tools.
· Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
· Journeyman card or previous maintenance experience required; this is not an apprenticeship.
TAC Manufacturing, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Jackson, MI, TAC Manufacturing, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TAC was founded in 1991 and currently employs 700+ people at our Jackson, MI location.
We manufacture security and safety-related products: shift levers, shift-by-wire, steering wheels, steering locks, key cylinders, mechanical and remote keys, and more.