Account Manager - Tool and Die
Plymouth, MI /
TRAM, Inc. – Sales /
TRAM is seeking a Tool and Die Sales Account Representative who has strong skills in estimated Injection Molding Tooling cost as well as experience with commercial issues, planning, coordination and communication. This position performs mostly inside sales responsibilities and requires approximately 5-10% travel.
Approximately 60% coordinating recovery of tool and die costs:
- Negotiate tool and die pricing with customer based on detailed tool structure.
- Analyze component drawings to understand required tool structure and explain to the customer.
- Knowledge of market rate for tool and die development, raw materials, components, and manufacture.
Approximately 40% Commodity Sales/Commercial Matters:
- Forecast bi-annual sales by product number.
- Collect engineering change information and distribute internally.
- Collect customer specifications and provide to internal departments.
- Follow up with customer purchase orders and ensure the Finance Department is given the information.
- Negotiate with the customer concerning delivered goods
- Coordinate with all plant locations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assisting with Annual Price Review (APR) and mid-range planning.
- Track open issues and see them through to close.
- Travel to customers to build relationships and inquire about new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Math, Marketing or related degree.
- Knowledge of Injection Mold Tool and Die structure and costing is desired.
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel ability.
- Ability to interact positively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
TRAM, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Plymouth, MI, TRAM, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TRAM was founded in 1986 and currently employs 2,500+ people at our 5 locations.
We manufacture automotive components such as switch-related products (window regulators, headlights, cruise control, turn signals, multifunction and HVAC switches), security and safety-related products (shift levers, steering wheels, steering locks, seat belts, key cylinders, mechanical and remote keys).
Shift your career into drive and help TRAM make the driving experience an intuitive connection between the human body and the vehicle.
TRAM, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about our companies, please see our web site at http://www.tokai-rika.co.jp/en/
This is a great opportunity to join our growing organization and enhance your skills to become a valuable member of our successful team!