Tool Room Supervisor
Jackson, MI /
TAC Manufacturing, Inc. – Tool & Die /
Candidate will be responsible for supervising the Tool Room at TAC Manufacturing, Inc. They will directly supervise employees in Tooling and carry out supervisory responsibilities in planning, assigning, and directing work. They will be responsible to direct and coordinate activities in one or more of the following: machine shop, tool and die making, maintenance, machine / equipment installation and mold making / repair.
· Thorough knowledge of tool design. Ability to create die specifications and recommend changes to part design to reduce tooling cost and/or improve performance of tooling.
· Knowledge of equipment required for mold making (CNC, Wire/Sinker EDM, Lathes, etc.).
· Experience with managing several tool builds simultaneously.
· Problem solving techniques, computer skills, and project/program management.
· Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
· Develops preventive maintenance program for equipment and tools.
· Reviews production, quality, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance and tool activities.
· Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
· Reviews new product plans and discuss tool needs and modifications with Production Engineer(s).
· Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve tooling problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines, equipment or tools
· Knowledge of APQP (PFMEA, control plans, process flowcharts) is preferred.
· Knowledge of molding/casting processes and equipment is a plus.
· +8 years with High School Diploma/GED or +4 years with Bachelor degree and +2 years supervisory experienced preferred.
· Experience as a Journeyman Mold Maker in Injection Molding and/or Die Casting highly preferred.
TAC Manufacturing, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (Ford and GM). Located in Jackson, MI, TAC Manufacturing, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TAC was founded in 1991 and currently employs 700+ people at our Jackson, MI location.
We manufacture security and safety-related products: shift levers, shift-by-wire, steering wheels, steering locks, key cylinders, mechanical and remote keys, and more.