VP of Human Resources
Denver, CO /
Human Resources /
We are a cross-disciplinary team of Health Care, Technology, and Medical experts with several exits (IPOs and Acquisitions) in the past. We are a Series A startup funded by top tier investors. We are currently in stealth-mode and will be launching publicly soon!
Work with purpose. Join us in empowering consumers with better information and service so they can make the best health and care choices for themselves.
Join a world-class founding team with several IPOs and Acquisitions in their past.
Be an early part of our founding product team to shape our product strategy, experience and culture.
The United States spends twice as much as the average OECD country on health care but has the lowest life expectancy and one of the highest hospitalization rates among these countries. Over the past 50 years, health care costs have grown much faster than inflation even as consumer satisfaction with the health insurance and hospital industry continues to remain low.
We believe that Health care needs to be redesigned as a consumer-centric service. Like every other industry, we believe that empowering members with accurate and accessible information about care, quality, and pricing will drive the most optimal choices.
About this role
Health care is a complex ecosystem. We work with employers (our clients), employees (our members), doctors (our service providers), insurance companies, and many other partners (e.g. urgent care clinics) to deliver care to our members. We are redesigning this experience to be frictionless and fully integrated, so you can make reservations, talk to a doctor, get your medication, etc. with a tap on your App.
In this role, you will...
Assess and anticipate our HR needs, acting as liaison between our HR department and senior leadership.
You’ll leverage your strategic HR management skills to develop solutions that align our HR programs and policies with our high-level business objectives. Serving as an employee champion and change agent, you’ll bring value to both our company and our employees, in an exciting growth environment. This is your chance to shine in a high-profile role, as you explore the fascinating field of digital healthcare solutions.
Provide leadership and guidance to our HR operations.
You will set, enforce, and evaluate legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, executing the organization’s strategic talent management goals.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization's long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organizations human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization's success and market competitiveness based on these metrics
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management
- Drafts and implements the organization's staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events
You must be authorized to work in the United States. We slightly prefer candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area, but are open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!