Software Engineer, Security
San Francisco, California
People deserve control over their personal data. Transcend builds Data Privacy Infrastructure that helps consumers reclaim control of their data and makes it easy for software teams to comply with global data privacy laws. We’re a small but mighty team. We’re well funded by renowned venture capital firms such as Accel, and are already serving iconic brands.
As a Security Engineer at Transcend, you will be responsible for ensuring the security of Transcend's product. As an infrastructure layer for personal data, Transcend connects to many corporate data systems, and companies trust Transcend to keep their most sensitive personal data safe. To be worthy of this trust, we hire highly talented engineers with strong security fundamentals.
Please keep in mind this is a software engineering position. This position is 75% coding and 25% security review and advising.
- Strong programmer
- Security background or education
- Strong grasp of systems security fundamentals
- Strong grasp of networks and network security
- Experience working with cryptographic libraries and APIs
- Experience testing and deploying cryptographic tools
- 5+ years professional experience
- Interest in developing primarily in Node
- Expertise in Node
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS, GCP, etc.
- Experience building proxy servers
- Contributions to the open source community
- Healthy sense of paranoia
We believe that turning the principles of data privacy into exercisable human rights is one of the most high-impact ways we can spend our time, and so we're building an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving morally important problems and having fun while doing it.