Senior HR Generalist
New York, New York
Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
- Coach managers and employees with people issues
- Assist with investigations, documentation, etc
- Facilitate productive discussions between managers and employees during performance improvement plan meetings and exit conversations
- Use data to make key people decisions and recommendations
- Be a champion of change by giving context and guidance on new initiatives
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Launch, analyze and report on engagement, onboarding and exit surveys
- Use engagement data to recommend initiatives and programs that best support our people strategy
Learning & Development:
- Partner with senior leaders to identify leadership, talent and learning needs for their business areas. Develop engaging curriculum plans, orientation programs and in-house courses to meet those needs
- Analyze and test comprehension of content and implementation of concepts both during and after learning experiences
- Develop and maintain an online knowledge base to ensure best practices and education materials are easily accessible for self-learning
- Prepare all new hires at Transfix for success by developing and conducting highly engaging new hire orientation programs.
- Coach line managers to understand and leverage learning opportunities and strategies.
- Minimum of 7 years HR experience with at least 2 years of employee relations experience and at least 1 year of L&D experience
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills to collect and analyze data.
- Highly proficient in google docs, slack, and other modern collaboration tools.
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group settings.
- Proven success in driving employee engagement and culture initiatives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, high level of empathy, and a strong sense of good judgement
- You have high integrity and will maintain strict confidentiality regarding compensation and employee issues
- Meticulous by default and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and adaptable - we are a lean team! You're proactive in finding solutions and take pride in delivering strong results to employees.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.