Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
New York, New York
Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As our Head of Talent Acquisition, you will lead a team of talented recruiters, and implement innovative strategies to attract and onboard the talent needed to support our fast growth. You will partner with the People Ops team and with executives across the company to understand the hiring needs, and carefully manage a pipeline to ensure we hit our staffing goals. You will use your expertise to leverage new or existing tools to provide high-quality analytics measuring the effectiveness of all our recruiting efforts, and develop strategies to fill any gaps.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a real impact, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Lead experienced recruiters and implement best practices to ensure a high performance and high ROI for Transfix
- You will be a player/coach tackling some of our most difficult or specialized technical roles and leadership roles
- Set strategy and roadmaps for Talent Acquisition, ensuring there is a long-term pipeline of talent coming from inbound, sourcing, agency partnerships, university recruiting, and relationship management
- Implement and maximize the investment on in-house tools (e.g. Lever, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Create and monitor KPIs for the recruiting team
- Serve as a business partner while working proactively with hiring managers to support organizational growth
- Provide regular reporting to hiring managers and executive team on the effectiveness of the recruiting funnel and recommend strategies to improve.
- Be a brand ambassador for the company, presenting at recruiting events, involvement in social media, and other external opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to enhance and promote Transfix’s employment brand.
- Implement strategies and methods to ensure an incredible candidate experience anytime someone interviews at Transfix
- Develop relationships with external vendors, agencies, and organizations to prioritize a diverse pipeline of candidates and to supplement internal capabilities.
- Minimum 3+ years experience leading and managing high performance talent acquisition teams and developing recruiting strategies for a company in growth mode and over 200 employees.
- 7+ years experience in recruiting, with at least 3+ years technical recruiting; Exposure or direct experience in enterprise sales roles is strongly preferred
- Experience in working at a fast growth start-up or scaling organization is highly preferred.
- Highly analytical and obsessed with using data to inform decision making
- Excellent communicator who can collaborate and persuade at all levels of the organization
- Actively seeks and creates great relationships throughout the organization to help inform needs and business context.
- Strong background in visa/immigration matters
- Proficiency in google docs and Lever (or equivalent)
- Passionate about enhancing and maintaining our employment brand
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.