Executive Assistant to the CEO
New York, New York /
Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As Executive Assistant to our CEO, you will have the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading executives. You will maximize the time, productivity, and effectiveness of our CEO and other key executives, and will have a direct and meaningful impact on the company, team and culture. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and multitasker. The ideal candidate is also detail oriented, a fast learner, highly organized, a strong communicator, and is easy to work with.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
This position is currently remote but will eventually require the ability to be in our NYC office everyday.
What you'll do:
- Be the gatekeeper to the CEO, CFO and other key executives. Expertly manage day-to-day scheduling, coordination, and complex meeting scheduling and ensure their calendars are up-to-date.
- Pro-actively ensure the CEO is well prepared for internal and external meetings and press interviews. Ensure attendee attendance and develop effective communication around agendas and meeting materials.
- Prepare expense reimbursements, including maintaining and submitting required receipts. Post COVID, manage all travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Communicate with internal team members and external partners on messaging related to the leaders’ needs/availability.
- Act as a reliable point of contact between Transfix and external clients, vendors, investors, Board members, partners and potential candidates.
- Independently perform additional administrative tasks as needs arise. Proactively recommend ways to improve existing processes.
- Help research, prepare and distribute correspondence, reports, presentations or other documents as requested.
- Assist CEO with ad-hoc projects and personal errands/commitments as needed.
- Build cross-functional relationships with key partners within and across departments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6+ years EA experience supporting C-Level Executives at scaled organizations (minimum 200 employees)
- Significant experience supporting a CEO/President in a high pace, dynamic environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with coordinating/managing Board of Director / investor meetings is required.
- Intrinsic organization and time management skills; is a fast-thinker who can quickly piece together complex solutions.
- A self-starter who is curious, energetic and can adapt quickly. Can adapt well and drive creative solutions and problem solving in ambiguous situations.
- Flexible, and exhibits expert personal time management to balance a role that requires occasional evening, early morning, and weekend availability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; can synthesize information and proactively seek clarifying information as necessary and when appropriate.
- Organized with high attention to detail; can multitask and prioritize across various initiatives and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and professionalism, and consistently exercise sound judgment.
- Possess a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Skilled in tools such as G-Suite, MS-Office, Slack and project management tools.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.