New York, NY /
TRANSFR provides engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot. We create a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We produce job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
Due to tremendous growth, TRANSFR is currently seeking a full-time Technical Artist for our proprietary Virtual Training Facility software package. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person for this role in our New York City office (currently remote).
Be part of a small, collaboration-oriented engineering team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways. You will be working with our dedicated art and dev teams to design and implement creative and technical solutions, provide expert knowledge to increase our software’s quality, and contribute to all phases of the VR development cycle.
- Design, develop, and maintain internal content pipelines and tools to support and improve the workflow of the artists
- Prototype, develop, and optimize shaders to hit visual and performance targets
- Offer technical expertise, identify development risks and bottlenecks at design meetings
- Support development vendors by fixing asset bugs and initiating pipeline solutions
- Act as the bridge person between instructional design, art, and development teams throughout the entire lifecycle of simulation development
- Solid organizational skills regarding file structures, naming conventions, and established protocols
- Develop content creation guidelines and help enforcing best practices
- Perform R&D on new technologies to maintain consistent aesthetic and technical quality across all areas of development
- 5+ years of game industry experience
- Expert understanding of Unity
- Fluency in C# or a comparable object-oriented language
- Fluency with asset-creation tools such as 3ds Max, Adobe Creative Suite, Substance Painter, etc.
- Solid understanding of version control systems (Git, Perforce)
- Familiarity with AR/VR development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Portfolio or Github demonstrating any tools, shaders, VFX, and/or examples of content pipelines you’ve shipped
Bonus points if you have:
- AAA games experience and shipped out 2+ titles
- Designed and implemented pipelines that efficiently integrated assets into game engine
- Fluency in Python or a comparable scripting language
- Broad cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., scripting, VFX, level optimization, shaders, character rigging, and content tools)
- Passion for utilizing immersive technologies for education purposes
- Ability to work within the Eastern Time Zone
In addition to a competitive package, we offer you the unique opportunity to explore what you're capable of working alongside other people on a mission, reimagining the future of learning.
At TRANSFR, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. TRANSFR is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
*MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT RESTRICTION**
Learn more at https://transfrvr.com