Senior Experience Designer
New York, NY /
We provide engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot.
TRANSFR creates job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
We provide a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We are scaling the company, on target to triple in size in 2021 and are looking for a Senior Experience Designer to be a key contributor on our Product Team by helping to create the next generation of immersive training experiences.
Be a part of a mission driven organization that will stop at nothing to fulfill our mission of building the career to classroom pipeline, bringing skills-based training to every human on the planet regardless of socio-economic status.
This is a full-time position that can be fully remote or work with our team from our office in downtown Manhattan, NY.
- Collaborate with the User Testing Coordinator, Learning Engineer, and Senior Instructional Design staff to assess simulations that are suitable for remediation.
- Suggest and implement design changes to existing VR training material.
- Assist Experience Design team in ensuring alignment and scaffolding within modules and across simulations.
- Collaborate with SMEs to create learning objectives for each simulation, prioritizing these objectives to adhere to time limitations.
- Review task analyses and provide guidance and feedback to improve quality and clarity.
- Work with instructional designers to build consistency and focus quality across modules and sims in assets such as sound effects, tools, parts, mechanics, and environments.
- 3-5+ years experience in instructional design or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- CTE / Workforce training experience is preferred
- Experience designing or developing for virtual reality is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data, and creatively deliver solutions
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with self-motivation, creativity, and high standards
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Must be flexible in work assignments and able/willing to apply instructional design to various learning situations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
In addition to a competitive package that includes stock options, we offer the opportunity to be at the forefront of new technology that is transforming the education and training sector in a collaborative work environment that enables personal and professional growth. Be a part of creating the classroom to career pipeline.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
At TRANSFR, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. TRANSFR is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Learn more at https://transfrvr.com