Instructional Design Manager
New York, NY /
We provide engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot.
TRANSFR creates job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
We provide a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We are scaling the company, on target to triple in size in 2021 and are looking for an Instructional Design Manager to be a key contributor on our Product Team by helping to create the next generation of immersive training experiences.
Be a part of a mission driven organization that will stop at nothing to fulfill our mission of building the career to classroom pipeline, bringing skills-based training to every human on the planet regardless of socio-economic status.
This is a full-time position that can be fully remote or work with our team from our office in downtown Manhattan, NY.
- Manage a team of instructional designers and simulation instructional partners, including coordinating day-to-day tasking.
- Support the Director of Instructional Design by providing updates and recommendations on team performance, design and development throughput, simulation quality, and risk assessment.
- Review simulation design, providing feedback and coaching to improve and ensure high-quality training.
- Coordinate with the Director of Instructional Design and other Instructional Design Managers to assign tasking, onboard new team members, and support professional development of the team.
- Collaborate with SMEs alongside and on behalf of instructional designers to create effective, efficient, and engaging training.
- Maintain and continuously improve ID reference materials, such as style guide, job aids, and instruction for all phases of design.
- Participate in hiring new team members, including resume reviews, candidate interviews, candidate task critiques, and selection recommendations.
- Provide final approval for simulations prior to production release, documenting and managing quality concerns.
- Review domain model frameworks in relation to simulation mastery scores, providing adjustment recommendations as necessary.
- Communicate with customers, including reviewing training design and fielding queries.
- Analyze user feedback and other data to provide recommendations and make improvements to optimize training effectiveness.
- 6+ years experience in instructional design or related field, with a solid understanding of instructional design best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading and managing a small team, providing guidance and feedback, implementing processes, and encouraging best practices in instructional design
- Proven ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data, and creatively deliver solutions
- Experience with project management and/or creating and managing programmatic frameworks in an instructional design capacity
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Extremely self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence, and high performance standards
- CTE / Workforce training experience preferred
- Experience working in a start-up environment preferred
- Experience designing or developing for virtual reality preferred
What we offer
At TRANSFR, we offer you the unique opportunity to explore what you're capable of; to be a part of something bigger; to work alongside a collaborative team; to thrive in a culture of excellence that is rewarding, challenging, fun and offers unlimited growth and learning.
TRANSFR is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to build the ultimate Classroom to Career Pipeline across the US.
If you're looking to make a big difference for people, using VR-based immersive learning experiences to help them to get the skills they need to land a well-paying career, please come join us at TRANSFR!
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
At TRANSFR, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. TRANSFR is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Learn more at https://transfrvr.com