Senior VR Engineer
New York, NY /
Transfr provides engaging, hands-on training in a way that online lectures cannot. We create a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. We focus on developing a pipeline of talent for jobs that are going unfilled, significantly reducing cost and risk.
We produce job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
Transfr, a leader in the virtual reality educational and training software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Sr VR Engineer who can help ensure that our VR simulations are built to satisfy customer requirements, provide a truly immersive and realistic VR experience, exhibit good performance and reflect the best engineering practices in the industry. In this critical role, you will collaborate on cross-functional projects across multiple teams, and have fun identifying and solving complex problems.
Our ideal candidate will have a true love for learning and a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
* This role can operate 100% remotely, but our preference is to hire someone based in the NY area who is interested in working with the team on a flexible schedule.
- Designing and building training simulation that will help consumers gain life changing skills
- Collaborate with cross functional team and discuss simulation ideas and features
- Identify risks during simulation development and communicate potential solutions to your team
- Proactive involvement in creating top-notch quality code
- Properly identify reusable components and promote them within our SDK
- Identify and fix errors and performance issues within the simulation
- Test your simulation code
- Provide automated test for your simulation to save on countless hours of regression testing
- Collaborate with the architecture team to discuss new features and changes to the core SDK
- Comfortable with being the main contributor on a project
- Stay in touch with the evolving VR/AR standards and best practices
- Building and improving tools that make simulation development as easy and intuitive as possible.
- Bachelor's degree in CS (or related)
- Unity expertise with published games or products
- Prior gameplay engineering or simulation development is a must
- Proven experience working with teams, and great communication skills are a must
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- 5+ years combined programming experience
- 3+ years experience developing with C# in Unity
- Mobile Development
- VR experience is strongly preferred
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Experience with Agile, Jira and Confluence
- Git workflows
What We Offer
We offer the true skin in the game; an opportunity to be at the forefront of new technology that is transforming the education and training sector in a collaborative work environment that enables personal and professional growth.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada**
Learn more at transfrinc.com