Microgrants Volunteer Coordinator (Remote Job!)
Do you love working with people and have great organizational skills? Are you passionate about transgender justice and want to join us in the fight for trans lives? Trans Lifeline Microgrants is hiring a Volunteer Coordinator!
Pay: 17.25/hour, full-time (non-exempt)
Benefits: Sick Time, PTO, and Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Trans Lifeline connects trans people to the community, resources, and support they need to survive and thrive--building a resilient trans community through trans-led direct services. Trans Lifeline’s Hotline cares for trans people through moments of crisis and suicidality. Our Microgrants program provides low-barrier grants to trans people in need of legal name changes and updated government IDs--as well as specialized support for trans people who are incarcerated or undocumented. By providing care, Trans Lifeline identifies the trans community’s most pressing needs and brings that expertise to the broad movement for LGBT equality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates leadership development experience for Microgrants interns, through weekly trainings and workshops.
- Recruits, screens, and onboards volunteers and interns.
- Leads remote meetings using Google Hangouts and conducts one-on-one meetings with volunteers and interns.
- Develops the internship program curriculum.
- Helps coordinate the grants program through the role of facilitating volunteers.
- Facilitates & supports team lead program.
- Oversees volunteer program as a whole.
- Trains volunteers alongside Team Leads.
- Coordinates with colleges and/or parole officers to fulfill internship needs for interns.
- Networks with other LGBT organizations to help find jobs for interns after graduation.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Fluency in issues of racialized and gendered oppressions.
- 2+ years experience with volunteer/intern management, community organizing, or similar fields.
- Ability and self-motivation to work under limited supervision.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Access to a reliable phone and internet connection. A work computer will be provided.
- Basic computer literacy including: typing skills, basic file management, using G Suite programs such as Google Docs and Google Forms, knowledge of browsing the internet, experience with email and experience using word processors and spreadsheets.
Additional Preferred Traits
- Experience working remotely and/or with a distributed team.
- Community organizing experience.
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
- Fluency in legal code and navigating bureaucracy.
Trans Lifeline is an equal opportunity employer. Transgender, gender non-conforming and intersex people and people of color, people with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Notes for applicants:
Important: We will look at your application first and your resume second. The application will be prioritized over the resume. So please make sure your application answers can stand on their own.
We will close the application on August 23rd at midnight EST. Ideally, the position starts September 16th.
If you haven’t heard from us yet, we are still actively considering your application. We will respond to all applicants.
You can direct inquiries on the hiring process or requests for reasonable accommodation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You do not need to attach a cover letter. We consider only applications and resumes.