Researcher, Trans Lifeline: Microgrants
United States or Canada
Trans Lifeline needs your help!
Microgrants is a national trans-led project of Trans Lifeline that gives money to and advocates on behalf of trans folks attempting to navigate legal and bureaucratic systems.
Our department is nearing its completion of a national database that contains all the fees and information necessary to changing identity documents. This database will ensure that we provide each recipient the right amount to cover all related fees and any information that will help make the process easier. In order to achieve this, we need folks who love research!
This position requires access to the internet and phone as you may need to make call inquiries for information.
Open to all folks in the community (cis allies strongly encouraged to apply). Bilingual is not required, but strongly preferred. Experience in research or legal services is a definite plus.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Have access to the internet — a majority of research will be conducted through online research and email inquiries.
- Have access to/feel comfortable using a phone - position will require phone inquiries to government offices.
- Ability to work independently and/or with little supervision.
- Ability to check-in once a week for progress updates.
- Ability to commit to at least 5 hours a week.
- Though it's not required, we strongly encourage those bilingual to apply as we continue to build our research internationally!
- Online training course with video tutorial and self-study resources.
- Optional video chat Q&A.
- Ongoing training modules.
This is a work from home volunteer position for people in the US and Canada. All training and interviews will be conducted over phone or video chat. **Note: Application asks you for CV/Resume, this is not required for this position, however if you'd like to submit one, please feel free to do so!
Trans Lifeline - Microgrants would not be possible without the help of people like you who have shown up to volunteer as advocates and support our community.
More information is available on our website.
Micro-grants is a project of Trans Lifeline - a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization