Belton, MO /
Truck & Trailer – Service /
As a CDL Service Porter for Transwest, you will be moving vehicles around the Transwest property and picking up and delivering recreational vehicles, medium and heavy-duty trucks to customers. All driving will consist of local runs to and from customers and our Service Department.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), HSA match, FSA, paid time off and an employee car discount program for eligible employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pickup and deliver trucks to customers.
- Drive customer and company vehicles on Transwest property.
- Perform minor detail work on vehicles.
- Greet customers who enter the location.
- Answer service calls and provide excellent customer service.
- Report any mechanical issues in customer or company vehicles.
- Determine vehicle condition by inspecting vehicle before and after use.
- Log and report vehicle inspections.
- Safely select destination route.
- Practice safe driving at all times by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Complete records such as driver logs, obtaining shipper and receiver authorizations and filing documents, as required.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Adhere to all DOT regulations at all times.
- Road test vehicles for technicians when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires working in areas which are not ventilated or air-conditioned.
- Requires eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate machinery.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity.
- Requires working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to climb in and out of vehicles.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. consistently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
- Required manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination for data input.
- May be required to operate equipment such as a forklift or manual pallet jack in a safe manner at all times.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid class A or B Commercial Driver’s License and MVR in good standing.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
Date Posted: 11-23-2022
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.