Truck Body Assembler
Fort Lupton, CO /
Summit Bodyworks Truck & Van Bodies – Production /
Summit Bodyworks Truck and Van Bodies, a quality manufacturer of custom designed truck and van bodies is looking for skilled individuals to join our team! Summit Bodyworks has immediate openings for Truck Body Assembler. The Truck Body Assembler is responsible for the assembly of the body and all truck components.
We offer a full benefits package for eligible employees including:
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with company match following your one-year anniversary
- HSA match up to $800 per year
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and 6 Company Paid Holidays
- And an Employee Car Discount Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying work order, bill of materials and blueprints.
- Gather parts, sub-assemblies, tools and materials.
- Position and secure components per print locations.
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Utilize manual plasma cutter, forklift and overhead crane as projects necessitate.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Maintain and wear all required personal protective safety equipment.
- Participate in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
- Welding experience a plus but not required
- Other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Frequent mobility and/or sitting, standing, bending or stooping for prolonged/extended periods.
- Requires lifting up to 75 pounds frequently.
- Requires stretching to reach items up to 75 pounds.
- Requires working in areas which are not ventilated or air-conditioned.
- Requires eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate machinery.
- Occasionally works at heights using ladder or mechanical lift.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires working in a fast paced environment.
- Requires a normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with good standing MVR.
- Ability to read blueprints and work orders.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Must have basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems, mechanical systems and installation techniques.
- Ability to efficiently use various power and hand tools.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and constant interruptions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to be responsive and highly efficient with relaying information.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass a post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
- Type: Hourly
- Compensation Range:$24.00-$32.00
- Bonus Eligibility: No
- Reports To: Production Supervisor
- Closing Date: Open until filled.
$24 - $32 an hour
Date posted: 04-24-2023
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.