Brighton, CO /
Trailer and Body Shop – Service /
The Service Estimator in the department acts as the liaison between the customer and Transwest when service is required. By providing one consistent source of information for the customer, technicians and shop foremen can perform their duties with minimal interruptions. By coordinating with the customer, obtaining information, and creating an accurate repair order, the Estimator is the gateway to accurate and reliable service.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), HSA match, FSA, paid time off and an employee car discount program for eligible employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers and answer phones.
- Interview clients in a professional manner to determine the needed repairs.
- Obtain all necessary information from the customer to establish a business relationship.
- Support customer calls from the field in a timely manner.
- Provide quotes/estimates on a timely manner.
- Create a repair order by identifying current vehicle condition, estimated repair time, getting quotes/estimates from the shop if necessary, supply any supporting documentation and obtain work authorization.
- Answer service calls and deliver timely updates to clients regarding status updates on work being performed and scheduling work.
- Continue to drive open repair orders and continue to follow up with customers based on scheduled intervals until the customer is here to pick-up their equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently.
- Requires working in areas which are not ventilated or air-conditioned.
- Ability to communicate by providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to receive and analyze data and input into the computer.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License and MVR in good standing and ability to obtain a CDL within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Detail oriented.
- Familiarity with truck, trailer, and body shop repairs preferred.
- Experience diagnosing diesel trucks is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
- Type: Salary
- Compensation Range: $50,000 to $60,000
- Bonus Eligibility: No
- Reports To: Service Manager
- Shift: 8:00AM – 5:00PM, M-F
- Closing Date: When Filled
$50,000 - $60,000 a year
Date Posted: 03-31-2023
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.