Grand Junction, CO /
RV – Service /
RV Technicians are responsible for servicing new and used RV’s. RV Technicians will work on interiors, exteriors, electrical and plumbing (chassis and engines are not serviced by technicians at this location).
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), HSA match, FSA, paid time off and an employee car discount program for eligible employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work as outlined in repair order.
- Verify warranty, if applicable, on all repair orders.
- Perform all work with efficiency and accuracy and in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Examine vehicles in need of repair to successfully diagnose the nature and extent of any damage.
- Repair and install RV satellite systems, electrical systems, backups systems, awnings and interior cabinetry and counter tops.
- Repair and adjust slide-outs.
- Repair generator systems, roof mounted air conditioning units, propane systems, water systems and plumbing.
- Examine and test parts or system operations.
- Communicate with the parts department to secure necessary parts.
- Save and tag warranty parts.
- Advise shop foreman and provide recommendation if repair order needs to be adjusted.
- Repair documented in technician comments during each active time punch.
- Road test vehicles as needed for quality assessment.
- Maintain working knowledge of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure customer vehicle cleanliness.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area.
- Accountable for all dealership owned tools.
- Uphold federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Perform job duties and functions with flexibility in the event circumstances shift, i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License and MVR in good standing.
- 2-3 years RV experience.
- Prior technical experience in electrical, plumbing or carpentry field.
- Must provide own tools.
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reliable and strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
- PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience working in an RV Dealership environment is preferred
- RVDA/RVIA CERTIFICATION a plus.
- Aqua Hot certification or experience.
- Type: Hourly
- Compensation Range: Annual compensation can range from $50,000 to $200,000
- Bonus Eligibility: No
- Reports To: Service Manager
- Closing Date: Open until filled.
Date Posted: 02-21-2022
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.