Trash Butler - Doorstep Cart Trash Pickup
Houston, TX /
Texas – Part - Time Evening Operations NO TRUCK /
Position: Butler (PT Community Waste Collector)
Reports to: Area Supervisor (AS)/ Field Quality Manager (FQM)
Level: Entry Level (Non-Exempt role)
Who WE are:
Trash Butler is the sustainability expert and revolutionary doorstep valet trash service and recycling solution designed for multi-family apartment communities. We currently service over 250,000+ units across 35 states in the country and have been voted one of the top amenities by residents and property managers. Trash Butler has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, TIME Magazine and on CNBC. We pride ourselves on providing stress-free service and professional employees who make a difference every day. We are committed to providing a culture that embraces our four Core Values which include: Building Leaders; Always Branding; Listen, Fulfill and Delight; and Creating a Fun, Enthusiastic and Safe Team Environment.
Who YOU are:
You are responsible for the nightly doorstep collection of trash/recycling at one of the many apartment communities we service.
No experience required; we will train the right person! Just have a great attitude and meet the minimum requirements.
• Schedule*: 8pm until finished, 2-3 hours of work on average - Service starts at 8:00pm SHARP!
• Days: Must have availably to work any day
• Pay: Depends on your community
• Incentives: Referral Bonus Programs
The main function of this role will be to ensure that nightly trash pick-up is completed on your assigned community per schedule to 100% satisfaction of our Clients!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for ensuring satisfactory completion of doorstep trash/recycling collection on service evenings using the trash tote or cart* to collect bagged trash from each resident doorstep *trash totes are used on most of our communities
• Transport trash from your open-bed pick-up truck or cart and dispose of in the dumpster/shut on site
• Nightly use of Trash Butler’s proprietary field app to track timekeeping, check in/out of the community, report resident non-compliance, and submit nightly reports
• Maintain daily contact with your supervisor/manager
• Work quietly and efficiently keeping noise to a minimum so not to disturb residents
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and use hands and arms repetitively
• Be able to climb stairs; 3-4 story apartment buildings
• Be able to bend/twist at the waist and potentially reach above shoulder level
• Be able to walk the distance of an apartment community
• Be able to work outdoors and be exposed to various weather conditions
• Must have a valid driver’s license/auto insurance for properties where truck is required
• Must have a cell phone (Smart Phone) to download our app
• Be self-motivated, reliable, and able to work independently
• Be able to work efficiently without sacrificing quality of service
• Embody our core values: Building Leaders - Always Branding - Fun, Enthusiastic Team Environment - Listen, Fulfill & Delight
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Basic employee relations experience
• Experience providing customer service
Offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a pre-employment criminal background check and clean driving history.
*Start times may vary