Accounting & Finance Manager
Richmond, Kentucky /
The Accounting and Finance Manager will be an exceptional accountant who can oversee the many important accounting functions of a rapidly growing business, and be commercially aware and able to provide financial analysis and guidance. Will lead various accounting periods including month end, year end, and annual budgeting. Must have excellent communication skills and work well within a team. The successful candidate will enjoy hands-on work and direct involvement in daily accounting tasks, and also be able to see the big picture. Comfortable working in an open plan office environment where everyone shares the same workspace with transparent performance objectives and results.
- Provide financial analysis, reporting and guidance on strategy, plans, and performance at business and departmental levels.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function - including reconciling all balance sheet accounts and proactively reviewing the gross profit margin of the business.
- Oversee payroll and employee benefits and taxes, meet all statutory reporting requirements.
- Actively manage all vendor payments including internal expenses and credit card management.
- Communicate with various stakeholders of the business, in particular production, to understand the trading activities of the business to provide accurate forecasting and reporting of performance.
- Day to day cash management for the business, including managing collections from customers and payments to vendors.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and able to support both current activities and future growth.
- Contribute to the development and execution of company strategy, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate.
- Responsible for accurate and reliable financial statements in accordance with IFRS accounting standards.
- Responsible for month-end close and parent company reporting package.
- Compliance with company policies and authorization rules, making ethical and sound decisions.
- Coordinating with internal and external auditors.
- Lead the utilization and reporting of internal ERP system (PLEX).
- Manage customer purchase orders and sales orders and issuance to internal POs to TRBUK.
- Maintain records and reports of monthly sales order and margin reporting including material cost and sales prices.
- Keep record and report of monthly scrap for raw material and finished goods.
- Work with Production and Quality to manage records and report returned parts, issue Return Material Authorizations and reconciliation of Customer Debit Memos and Issuance Credit Notes.
- Excellent business sense, problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, influencing and teamwork skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience within the manufacturing sector preferred.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA preferred.
- No less than 5 years of accounting and finance experience in the US.