Senior Operations Manager
Richmond, Kentucky /
TRB designs and manufactures high-performance lightweight structures that enable clean transportation solutions. We are changing the industry by providing high-volume composite parts that decrease weight while improving performance, safety, and durability.
TRB America is a joint venture between TRB Lightweight Structures (headquartered in the UK) and Toyota Tsusho, launched to manufacture advanced composite components for electric vehicles.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Operations Manager to bring up our new high-volume factory and help achieve our production and profitability targets.
- Integrate proprietary innovative machines and processes to deliver automated high-volume composite lines.
- Build the team and create a ‘can do’ culture.
- Implement a fast-paced lean production system.
- Achieve and enhance quality certifications such as ISO9001 and IATF16949.
Overall Responsibilities and Operational Performance:
- Ensure that all jobs are manufactured correctly, cost efficiently and delivered on time in accordance to customer build specifications and quality requirements.
- Ensure all non-value-added activities are reduced in all manufacturing processes through Kaizen events and lean tools. Implement manufacturing improvement processes to reduce inventory, increase throughput and minimise cost.
- Ensure operational excellence.
- Oversee KPIs, goals and objectives for the management team.
- Manage the planning and scheduling work requirements to ensure production output and on time delivery is achieved.
- Ensure the production capacity plan allows the production department to manufacture and deliver on time.
- Manage customer order, schedule, and delivery requirements.
- Ensure a plan is deployed to the production team, prioritising daily work requirements to the shop floor with appropriate deadlines and targets.
- Monitor and review production progress against targets to ensure on time delivery.
- Adjust the production schedule as required, communicating changes to delivery with customers and other areas of the business affected by these changes.
- Monitor and review all production related activity to ensure that quality standards are being achieved.
- Ensure that all production activity is time and cost efficient.
- Ensure the production department has the correct headcount, skill base and knowledge and competence required to achieve production targets.
- Ensure all training is delivered according to a training plan. Identify training needs; implement, monitor and review development plans.
- Ensure all people practices are carried out in accordance with company procedures and employment law.
- Conduct annual performance reviews, setting goals and objectives for all production employees resulting in a high performing team.
- Ensure the production process, equipment, and work environment are conducive to producing high quality products.
- Ensure that rejected products / nonconforming products are rectified as high priority, working with the quality department to keep customers informed appropriately.
- Ensure the correct non-conformance paperwork is raised and processed in line with the company's quality policy.
Health & Safety
- Promote and maintain awareness of the company’s H&S policies and legislation.
- Actively champion the H&S process within the business.
- Be an active member of the H&S committee.
- Prepare and communicate budgets to the Managing Director and Finance Director, anticipating cost and identified savings throughout the year.
- Work with the company’s guidelines with regard to CAPEX and general purchases.
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing, 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Strong ‘Lean’ background.
- Clear experience and philosophy for building high-performance teams.
- Ability to motivate and inspire.
- Excellent business sense, problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, influencing and teamwork skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Graduate degree in engineering or commensurate experience.
This is a great role for someone excited to take part in the EV revolution and who wants to have a big hand in creating new technologies and businesses while also have a hand in shaping a company culture that truly values employee ownership. There is enormous potential to grow with this venture.