Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire /
TRB is a multinational company that designs, engineers, and manufactures high-performance lightweight structures that support clean transportation solutions. We are transforming industries by providing high volume composite parts that decrease weight while improving performance, safety and durability.
This is an unique and high impact role which will help shape TRB’s worldwide product and engineering strategy. You will be a driver of engineering excellence and a mentor for your engineering team. Your work will improve the process of producing high-quality goods using the most cost-effective methods with the aim of reducing the impact of production on the environment. Our engineering team are designers and analytical and creative thinkers.
- Manage the engineering team, including recruiting top performers and developing, mentoring, and growing team members.
- Drive R&D strategy and execution as we innovate in materials, automation, and manufacturing processes.
- Work with customers, internal team-members, and suppliers to fully understand customer requirements, then ensure development of excellent engineering solutions. Most designs balance performance, cost, volume and environmental considerations.
- Work closely with process, QA, procurement, and production to ensure customer needs are met.
- Ensure efficient designs, drawings, and work instructions that can be produced at high quality, efficiency, and volume.
- Track and communicate scope, cost, quality, and delivery to highlight any potential issues to other team members.
- Ensure designs comply with all relevant quality, industry, and health and safety standards.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organisational skills.
- A proven track record in selecting and applying technology to achieve outstanding engineering results.
- Imaginative and creative approach to problem solving, strategic analysis and application.
- A passion for mentoring and developing mid-level and junior engineers.
- Knowledge of composite and metallic materials.
- Knowledge of automated fabrication techniques.
- Familiarity with Solid Works (or similar package).