Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire /
TRB is a multinational company that designs, engineers and manufactures high-performance lightweight structures that support clean transportation solutions. We are transforming industries by providing high volume composite parts that decrease weight while improving performance, safety and durability.
This new role will have an impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of our Machine Shop. As the Programmer/Machinist, you will work with the Engineering and Production teams to improve the process of producing high quality parts. You will have used programming software such as Autodesk PowerMill, Alphacam, CGTech Vericut and Trumpf TruTops. With a knowledge of commonly-used engineering concepts and procedures, you will be fully skilled to write programmes to produce parts to the specifications of the process documentation and to tolerances as required by relevant detail drawing.
- Writing programmes from technical engineering drawings
- Inputting design specifications, adjusting machine cutting paths and performing quality checks
- Develop machining and other processes in order to improve throughput and efficiency where ever possible
- Work to very tight tolerances
- Responsible for first off and periodic inspection using a range of measuring equipment
- Support tooling engineers with ideas on new parts
- Oversee the introduction and ramp up of new parts
- Minimum of five years’ experience within a machining/workshop environment - certification in relevant discipline or related experience
- Minimum of NVQ/City and Guilds in Engineering practices or equivalent experience, for example, a time-served apprentice
- Experienced working with both metals and composite materials
- Experience in working with multiple machines, such as 5 and 3 Axis CNC’s, Laser Cutter and Press Brake
- Excellent working knowledge of cutting speeds and feed and geometric tolerance