San Francisco, California (Remote) /
We are excited to hire an Engineering Manager to join the team. We are searching for an innovative technical lead to oversee complex technical problems.
WHO WE ARE
Tread is a construction software company that is venture-backed, building the future of 4+ year technology that uses data and analytics to keep construction moving.
The team at Tread care about what we build, and about each other. We value open communication and respect each other's diverse opinions and ideas regardless of their title. As part of the team, you'll have full visibility and be encouraged to make a positive impact every day on our customer's pain points and enjoy seeing the results of your work. We work hard to create an environment where everyone can share their ideas because we know innovation happens with diverse perspectives.
You will have the opportunity to provide certainty and precision to the trillion dollar construction industry: a market that is currently underserved by technology. We’re building systems that can support entire cities across North America and the hundreds of thousands of contractors and subcontractors that work within them.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE TREAD
- 🏠Remote First. Opportunity to work from home.
- ⏰Flexibility. We trust our team to get their work done.
- 📖Professional Development. $1,000 per year for every employee to focus on their learning & development, as well as developmental paid days off.
- 📈Equity. Each employee receives stock options so we can share in our success.
- 🦷Benefits. Start from day one!
- 💪Health & Wellness Priority. Lunch & Learns, mental health coverage, & more.
- 🌴Time Off. vacation, sick, & personal days.
- 💛Family Focus. Extended parental leave with top up and sick dependent days separate from your own.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Golang, AWS, Docker, PostgreSQL, React, Github
YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
- Help drive quality standards within the team.
- Provide technical guidance for other Engineers and take on complex problems.
- Responsible for defining, measuring and reporting team success metrics including Change Failure Rate, Deployment Frequency, Lead Time to Change and others.
- Actively participate in code reviews and feature development.
- Contributor to roadmaps and prioritization in collaboration with Product, CS and Sales.
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of technical operations, monitor and evaluate progress.
- Motivating the team and helping to level up their technical expertise.
- Be a mentor to junior and intermediate engineers.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 5-7 Years as a Software Engineer, preferably working on a SaaS product.
- Experience as a Technical Lead or similar role.
- Strong motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven technical skills and working with our tech stack.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit!
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.