Senior Information Security Specialist
Mountain View, CA
Arm Treasure Data is changing the data management landscape: we provide an industry leading, cloud-based Big Data Analytics platform on which our many customers are processing an astounding amount of data every day.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Information Security Analyst who is excited to help secure all aspects of our service; a robust and scalable data platform hosted in the public cloud.
In this position, you’ll work within a multi-disciplined team to guide application security.
At Arm Treasure Data, we put a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open work environment, regardless of location. We believe employees should not just work but enjoy doing it - appreciating and valuing working alongside your co-workers goes a long way towards that goal and we strongly believe in ensuring that’s always the case.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, then we’re going to need your resume of course, but more importantly include a short note giving us a sense of why you think you are absolutely the right person for this job and how you are going to meet and exceed the objectives outlined below.
Things you will do
- Perform application vulnerability scanning and manual testing
- Evaluate any identified vulnerabilities for exploitability
- Demonstrate and explain vulnerabilities to application/system owners, and collaborate on the mitigation of the identified vulnerabilities
- Implement and run dynamic and static security testing platforms
- Work alongside the Engineering and QA teams to help refine the secure software development lifecycle to include necessary security checkpoints, code review methodologies, etc.
- Research the latest security methodologies, staying abreast of new threats and vulnerabilities, and disseminate this information to a global team
- Actively conceive of and implement technical and process improvements
- Liaise with business partners to ensure software security and processes meet requirements and expectations
- Maintain application security documentation including the development of secure coding policies, procedures, and standards
- Find ways to empower Engineering teams to build secure products by default
Your background and skills will include
- 8 to 12 years of experience in technology positions, with 5+ years in application security
- Significant experience in cloud security architecture and infrastructure
- Understanding of OWASP Security Knowledge Framework
- Solid grasp of software security weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with software charge and exploitation techniques
- Knowledge of various vulnerability scanning solutions, scripting, and automation
- Experience performing web application and web services penetration testing
- Experience conducting secure code review
- Ability to work alone or in teams, with minimal oversight, driving positive results while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to maintain an extraordinary level of documentation including diagrams, security standards, manuals, and project papers
- Demonstrable ability to effectively engage and communicate with a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
We would be thrilled if you had
- Have experience developing in Java, Ruby, Scala, and/or Go
- Have experience securing applications in AWS
- Have published contributions to the security community
- Have experience working with compliance or privacy
About Arm Treasure Data
Arm Treasure Data provides an end-to-end, fully run cloud service (data acquisition, storage and analysis capability) for Big Data that is trusted and simple. As the original developers of Fluentd, an advanced open-source log collector specifically designed to solve the data log collection problem, Arm Treasure Data solves the problems for companies wanting the Ability to lead their data needs.
You can expect a work environment where the team is reciprocal and open to your ideas, While we keep our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs.
Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects, and by continuing to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and partnership.