Technical Support Engineer
Arm Treasure Data began by offering data warehousing and processing services, since then we’ve moved further up the value chain with our Customer Data Platform application (CDP), which is seeing a lot of traction with customers new and old. Moreover, CDP is the fastest growing offering we have and is front and center in most major initiatives across the company.
Our Technical Support Engineers in Customer Value Engineering team provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers around the globe - we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of support and we believe this level of steadfast commitment truly showcases the uncompromising integrity of our company.
Delivering on this commitment requires uninterrupted dedication from our Technical Support team: we are therefore looking to expand our support team in Tokyo to work alongside the existing 10 members in Global.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be our customer’s advocate and be responsible for their continued enablement by becoming an evangelist for the evolving value of the Treasure Data product with customers. We will also look for your input in representing the customers’ feedback with the Product team and helping us drive and prioritize the improvements to the product. You love helping customers! You know how exceptionally satisfying it can be to solve a challenging problem for a customer, and you know first hand how outstanding customer support can make the decided difference in customer acquisition and retention.
At Arm Treasure Data, we put a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open work environment, regardless of location. We believe employees should not just work but enjoy doing it - appreciating and valuing working alongside your co-workers goes a long way towards that goal and we strongly believe in ensuring that’s always the case.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, then we’re going to need your resume of course, but more importantly send us a cover letter giving us a sense of why you think you are absolutely the right person for this job and how you are going to meet and exceed the objectives outlined below.
Things you will do
- Know our product inside and out. From the customer's perspective, you are the most authoritative source for anything related to Treasure Data's service.
- Help customers understand the value of Treasure Data as a Customer Data Platform (CDP) and expand their use of the platform by helping them build ETL pipelines, well-designed data lakes and IoT backends.
- Be reachable by email and live chat (and occasionally video call) for our existing customers.
- Work with our CRM portal to provide technical assistance based on customer needs.
- Partake in the on-call rotation to ensure the Service Level Agreements (SLA) for our Enterprise Support subscribers.
- Provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Help improve our knowledge base and documentation to reduce the team’s workload, increase the ratio of first-response-resolutions, and reduce time-to-close of support tickets.
- Follow procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to appropriate internal engineering teams, including synthesizing the step to reproduce issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
Your background and skills will include
- 3+ years previous experience in a Technical Support or a Solution Architect role for a SaaS-based product, as well as 5+ years of overall work experience.
- Self-starter, self-driven and willing to follow through and find answers to ongoing customer problems.
- Ability to work independently, remotely or not, as a member of a geographically distributed team.
- Detail oriented and look at all the possible ways in which the customer may be affected by an issue.
- You love trying out new software and think deeply about how things can be done better.
- Articulate and personable
- Strong written and spoken in both Japanese and English
- Skilled in writing SQL queries and reasoning about databases.
- Well-acquainted with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, Splunk, etc..
- Hands-on familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, or other similar platform.
- Hands-on experience with help desk software (e.g. Zendesk).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Working at Arm Treasure Data
You can expect a work environment where the team is collaborative and open to your ideas while keeping our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs.
Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects and sustained effort to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Arm Treasure Data provides an end-to-end, fully managed cloud service (data acquisition, storage and analysis capability) for Big Data that is trusted and simple. As the original developers of Fluentd, an advanced open-source log collector specifically designed to solve the big data log collection problem, Arm Treasure Data solves the problems for companies wanting the ability to manage their big data needs.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation! #LI-AB1