Senior Frontend Developer
Mountain View, CA
Do you have a passion for creating a sophisticated and elegant user experience that will drive customer engagement? Treasure Data is looking for a self-starter Senior Front Engineer that has an eagerness for building intuitive user experiences. Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a solid web experience to our customers.
Treasure Data will look to you to help lead the way with your knowledge of the design patterns that are associated with building applications where UI/UX are in the forefront. You will work alongside a small group of world class engineers, product managers, product and UX designers to build out an seamless experience for our users.
When hiring engineers, we admire candidates that have exposure and have made contributions to Open Source. Please include whatever information you believe is relevant: GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects etc..
Things you will do:
- Perform analyses and make designs for our product; collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts that we should adopt (or not).
- Build products with testability in mind.
- Quickly build product prototypes for internal evaluation and to drive product decisions.
- Build sophisticated and elegant user interfaces.
- Contribute to design standards and support design and code re-use.
- Help drive design for and interface with our RESTful APIs.
- Ability to work independently, particularly as a member of a geographically dispersed team.
- Hold yourself and your teammates to a high standard of engineering.
- Sets aggressive and measurable goals/objectives.
Your skills and personal qualities include:
- You want an opportunity to make large, immediate impacts in a growing SaaS B2B company.
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3. Experience in implementing design, providing UX advice, and creating guidelines for the UX team, along with the desire to deliver rich and easy to use user interfaces.
- Excellent practical judgement knowing how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems, multi-tasking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility.
- Equal passion in building new products and enhancing existing ones.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of design principles and user interaction standards.
- An understanding of visual aesthetic components.
- Enjoyment of a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Never ending desire to self-educate on the latest list of web technologies.
- Take your work seriously but yourself lightly.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of tools and technologies like Babel, Webpack, Yarn, TestCafe
- React/Redux experience
- Active Github profile
Working at Treasure Data
You can expect a work environment where the team is collaborative and open to your ideas, while we keep our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs. Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects, and by continuing to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
We’re committed to our employees having a big stake in the company as we grow it towards our shared goals. We’re uncompromising in hiring top talent for every function, offering competitive salaries, benefits and stock options, as well as a casual, comfortable work environment, with a free lunch, every day.
Treasure Data is a Cloud infrastructure for analytics at scale. Our product is not just liked, but loved by our customers, for its ease of use and reliability. We’ve often heard that “Treasure Data works as promised!” In the fiercely competitive big data analytics space, this is a huge differentiator. Treasure Data is backed by top investors like Sierra Ventures and Scale Venture Partners. In addition to our Silicon Valley headquarters, we have offices in Tokyo and Seoul.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!