QA Engineering Lead
Mountain View, CA
If you enjoy breaking things to see how they work, improve on what works, discard what doesn’t, and learn from both, we’d love to chat with you!
We are seeking a highly talented, driven, and motivated Quality Assurance Engineer Lead with big ideas, someone who is obsessed with quality and is a customer champion. As the QA Engineering Lead, on a day-to-day basis, you will work within an organization of close-knit Engineers and Managers that are incredibly technical, agile, data driven, and highly collaborative.
You will write test plans that cover the product functionalities at the user level and execute them, either manually or with the aid of automated tools. You will use black box, gray box and white box testing techniques, and are able to understand software internals, debug problems.
You will work with our Software Engineers, Product Managers, UX Designers, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans that approximate real-world product usage. You will maintain regression tests to ensure quality standards over time. You will also be responsible for driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. You have a knack for figuring out a root cause and also an ability to work harmoniously with developers to communicate issues and deploy fixes.
The ideal candidate must be innovative, creative, flexible, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
Things you will do
- Transforming requirements in Test plans covering smoke, sanity, regression, and acceptance testing.
- Functional testing in charge of defining and driving the creation of a manual and/or automated QA process.
- Work closely with the Product team in gathering product specifications (PRD).
- Collaborate with the Front-end Engineering team to gather testing requirements.
- Scheduling and managing external resources for test execution as required to meet schedules.
- Develop test data, perform test data analysis and prepare reports of test results internally, using JIRA, along with detailed and easy-to-understand bug reporting.
- Insure that each project is finished as scheduled.
- Familiarity with GUI testing best practices.
Your experience and skills with include
- 8+ years experience of which at least 5 years in a test/QA role as part of a product development organization.
- Experience with modern testing tools (Selenium, Cucumber, etc.) for Web Apps.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal processes, limited guidance, and focused on productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to build a QA team from scratch and lead it.
- Ability to triage issues and multitask on multiple projects.
- Working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand the business requirements.
- Ability to articulate vision and convey a sense of urgency.
- Showing creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Good attitude towards collaboration, helpfulness and problem solving.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
We would be thrilled if you
- A CQE Certification
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop) technologies.
- Familiarity with other Testing/QA automation tools for performance, load, stability, or visual testing, so you can lead the way with these tests.
Working at Treasure Data
You can expect a work environment where the team is collaborative and open to your ideas, while we keep our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs. Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects, and by continuing to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
We’re committed to our employees having a big stake in the company as we grow it towards our shared goals. We’re uncompromising in hiring top talent for every function, offering competitive salaries, benefits and stock options, as well as a casual, comfortable work environment, with free lunches.
Treasure Data provides an end-to-end, fully managed cloud service (data acquisition, storage and analysis capability) for Big Data that is trusted and simple. As the original developers of Fluentd, an advanced open-source log collector specifically designed to solve the big data log collection problem, Treasure Data solves the problems for companies wanting the ability to manage their big data needs. Treasure Data is backed by top investors like Sierra Ventures and Scale Venture Partners. In addition to our Silicon Valley headquarters, we have offices in Tokyo and Seoul.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!