Senior Operations Engineer (DevOps, SRE)
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) /
Treasure Data is looking for engineers to help run customer-facing services at scale.
As a member of the new Operations team within the SRE Group, you will work with stakeholders to build, deploy, maintain and operate services, delivering value to customers. You will be customer-focused, insist on the highest standards, and take ownership of solutions. You will help define the culture, tools, and processes that ensure operational excellence. You will be confident operating services with persistent data at scale in a cloud environment.
- Experience working with persistent databases in a cloud environment, eg. PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra
- Experience operating services running in the cloud on AWS, or other public clouds or virtualized API-driven platforms along with a clear knowledge of how they differ
- Experience with distributed systems and operating them as they scale, including understanding their common failure modes
- Experience managing Infrastructure as Code, eg. Terraform, CloudFormation
- Proficient use of at least one major programming/scripting language, eg. python, ruby, shell
- Can scope and stage three month projects into well defined milestones allowing for incremental delivery aligned to intentional tradeoffs.
- Understanding and appreciation of the cultural philosophies, tools, and practices that increase and organization's ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written English language abilities
- Have the demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team.
- Have the ability to slow down and communicate clearly and effectively across language barriers.
- Have experience working in highly distributed teams, across large timezone differences, different cultures, and even languages.
- Experience speaking and/or writing Japanese.
Who we are:
Treasure Data employees are enthusiastic, data-driven and customer-obsessed. Our actions reflect our values of honesty, reliability, openness and humility. Treasure Data moved to remote-based work in March 2020 and is committed to ensuring it remains agile to accommodate shifting preferences of its workforce. While we are not working shoulder-to-shoulder, we still work side-by-side, finding unique ways to connect and create together while also respecting each other’s life priorities outside of work. We offer competitive salary and benefits and named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work. Treasure Data is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What we do:
Treasure Data is the only enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) that harmonizes an organization’s data, insights, and engagement technology stacks to drive relevant, real-time customer experiences throughout the entire customer journey. Treasure Data helps brands give millions of customers and prospects the feeling that each is the one and only. With its ability to create true, unified views of each individual, Treasure Data CDP is central for enterprises who want to know who is ready to buy, plus when and how to drive them to convert. Flexible, tech-agnostic and infinitely scalable, Treasure Data provides fast time to value even in the most complex environments.
Agencies and Recruiters: We cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!