Senior APIs Engineer
Treasure Data is seeking a Software Engineer with experience in building APIs and possesses strong experience collaborating in a team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise. Together with the team, you will develop, enhance, and advance the technology that powers the Treasure Data hosted analytics platform.
The right candidate has a proven track record of success and a passion for developing APIs that are a central part of the product, integrating with internal systems as well as client facing. You should have knowledge of libraries and frameworks, operating systems, REST APIs, and similar. You will work both independently and in a team.
At Treasure Data, you will have opportunities to combine your technical ability, strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution in an energetic, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. Your work will contribute to the continued evolution of product functionalities that are servicing large amounts of data and traffic (70 billion records imported per day and counting), while working with a truly world class engineering team, always employing state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
Things you will do
- Drive technical design, specifications, and implementation for our product from an APIs standpoint
- Collaborate with Frontend / Backend developers, ensuring compatibility both ways
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts that we should adopt (or not)
- Ensure scalability and performance are always primary concerns during development
- Work in a high pace, dynamic, agile development organization
Your background and skills include
- 7+ years of experience with full stack development
- Experience writing RESTful APIs in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases in a production environment
- Knowledge of the design patterns at play when designing an API serving a UI
- An understanding the importance of testing above all when it comes to production-quality code
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility
- Familiar with cloud technologies (AWS)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid read/written English communication skills and basic verbal skills as well
We would be thrilled if you
- Had previous experience working on a large web application
- Had contributed to a production-grade web application handling high traffic
- Had experience in developing a fully managed cloud service
- Were experienced with NoSQL and/or Key-Value data stores
- Were experienced with microservices oriented architectures and authentication/authorization challenges
- Could pride yourself of open source contributions
- Submitted a GitHub link to one of your projects or profile along with your resumè
Working at Treasure Data
You can expect a work environment where the team is collaborative and open to your ideas, while we keep our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs. Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects, and by continuing to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
We’re committed to our employees having a big stake in the company as we grow it towards our shared goals. We’re uncompromising in hiring top talent for every function, offering competitive salaries, benefits and stock options, as well as a casual, comfortable work environment, with free lunches.
Treasure Data provides an end-to-end, fully managed cloud service (data acquisition, storage and analysis capability) for Big Data that is trusted and simple. As the original developers of Fluentd, an advanced open-source log collector specifically designed to solve the big data log collection problem, Treasure Data solves the problems for companies wanting the ability to manage their big data needs. Treasure Data is backed by top investors like Sierra Ventures and Scale Venture Partners. In addition to our Silicon Valley headquarters, we have offices in Tokyo and Seoul.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!