Product Manager - Analyst Console
Mountain View, CA
As Product Manager - Analyst Console, you will own the experience SQL Analysts have when building data applications on Treasure Data. This includes performing advanced analytics, managing data, & orchestrating complex data pipelines. Additionally, you will be responsible for building to completion our new workflow management experience, and additional enterprise level admin features required for mid-to-large enterprises.
Most of our users utilize Treasure Data to better understand their customers. To be successful, you'll need to understand deeply the common analyses our customers are performing on our platform. And, with that knowledge, create & execute against a strategy for how we will continue to break down the challenges SQL Analysts face in transforming collected data into operational analytic pipelines that address these use cases.
This role is perfect for existing product managers that have deep experience in performing analytics in SQL. Particularly well suited if they have a background working on bizops or marketing analytic challenges.
Things you will do
- Prioritizing new work on our SQL Analyst & Data Pipeline Management web console experience; and, related enterprise admin functionality.
- Take full responsibility for related product initiatives, including: writing specs, shipping on time, reporting on results
- Demonstrate knowledge of primary business use cases behind the need to perform & operationalize the advanced analytics our customers run on our platform
- Empathize with customers, working with them directly to understand not only what their asking for, but what they really want to accomplish. Create new product initiatives accordingly
- Review competitive analysis, sales meeting notes, support notes on a weekly basis, to stay abreast of the current state of affairs in the business
- Create new product initiative pitches, working directly with the Director of Product Management & CTO in the creation of the long, medium, & tactical roadmaps for the company & your feature area
Your background and skills include
- Background with 2+ years in Product Management
- Previous experience performing SQL Analysis, or managing an analytics-focused product. You must be someone who can use our tooling, either as a business analyst or as a technical engineer would. You’ll be expected to become a power user over time to properly represent our customers.
- Skilled communicator who is just as comfortable having technical discussions as discussing high level concepts with customers or presenting the business case for a new initiatives to an executive committee.
- Analytical mindset that makes data driven decisions and can easily calculate ROI.
- Extreme ownership of your projects. The buck stops with you.
We would be thrilled if you have
- A Data Science, Data Engineering, or Analytics background. Previous experience implementing business-ready production data science pipelines will give you a huge leg up in understanding the challenges we’re aiming to solve.
- Background in, or passion around, Marketing Analytics.
- Previous experience as product manager in a SaaS environment.
- Knowledge of the Japanese language