Arm Treasure Data is changing the data management landscape: we provide an industry leading, cloud-based Big Data Analytics platform on which our many customers are processing an astounding amount of data every day. If you enjoy using both halves of your brain to scope and frame undefined problems using intuition, common sense, relevant data, and strong academic knowledge of computer science fundamentals, we may have a match here!
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our team of accomplished data experts. This candidate will own critical internal analytic pipelines - leveraged for product insights, customer facing dashboards, & operational reporting.
Things you will do
- Own our usage metric pipelines, which drive user-visible dashboards.
- Be responsible for the data pipelines that feed our billing processes.
- Ensure correctness of data by testing and validation as required for mission critical data pipelines.
- Work with key stakeholders including Executive, Product, Data, Infrastructure, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Your background and skills will include
- A minimum of 5+ years in a relevant data-centric role.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience working with multiple relational databases.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc..
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management. Have built and maintained data pipelines using a Workflow Management system, such as Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, Digdag, or other.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language abilities in Japanese and English.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work with people distributed across different geographies.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with rigor and composure.
- Self motivated and sensitive about on-time delivery.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
We would be thrilled if you
- Have experience working with large scale data processing on Spark, with a clear understanding of the challenges involved.
- You had familiarity in Data Science and Machine Learning.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, please send us a resume, along with a short note giving us a sense of why you think you’re a good fit for the role.
Working at Arm Treasure Data
You can expect a work environment where the team is collaborative and open to your ideas, while we keep our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs.
Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects, and by continuing to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Arm Treasure Data provides an end-to-end, fully managed cloud service (data acquisition, storage and analysis capability) for Big Data that is trusted and simple. As the original developers of Fluentd, an advanced open-source log collector specifically designed to solve the big data log collection problem, Arm Treasure Data solves the problems for companies wanting the ability to manage their big data needs.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!