Technical Product Manager - Core
Mountain View, CA
As Technical Product Manager of our Core Data Systems, you will be responsible for Treasure Data’s core data storage & processing technologies. This represents the heart & soul of Treasure Data’s offering, and the primary innovation that has lead Treasure Data to become a successful Series C, & fast growing, start-up.
All of our customers utilize this underlying technology to perform complex analytics at scale. Companies today are now required to efficiently handle large volumes of highly variable data to stay competitive. Data democratization is only possible if the core processing system can reduce the complexity enough for SQL analysts to thrive without requiring IT support. This allows our customers to focus on generating analytic insights and putting those insights into production.
This role is perfect for those with a deep understanding of modern data technologies for processing data at scale. As a qualified candidate you have utilized either Spark, MapReduce, or similar technologies in the past to process batch or stream data at scale. You also either have direct product management experience, or have been in a technical development environment working directly with product to build on top of these technologies.
Things you will do
- Prioritizing new work on our core processing & storage systems, which range from proprietary data storage technologies to Presto & Hive for processing.
- Take full responsibility for related product initiatives, including: writing specs, shipping on time, reporting on results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of primary business use cases behind our customers’ need to perform & operationalize advanced analytics at scale.
- Empathize with customers, working with them directly to understand not only what their asking for, but what they really want to accomplish. Create new product initiatives accordingly.
- Review competitive analysis, sales meeting notes, support notes on a weekly basis, to stay abreast of the current state of affairs in the business.
- Create new product initiative pitches, working directly with the Director of Product Management & CTO in the creation of the long, medium, & tactical roadmaps for the company & your feature area.
Your background and skills include
- A Data Science or Data Engineering background, having worked with one or multiple modern data technologies (e.g. Spark, Flink, Hadoop) at scale.
- Previous experience using Command Line Tools - you must be someone who can use our tooling, either as a business analyst or as a technical engineer would. You’ll be expected to quickly become a power user of Treasure Data to properly represent our customers.
- Skilled communicator who is just as comfortable having technical discussions as discussing high level concepts with customers or presenting the business case for a new initiatives to an executive committee.
- Analytical mindset that makes data driven decisions and can easily calculate ROI.
- Extreme ownership of your projects. The buck stops with you.
It'd be great if you have:
- Background with 1+ years in Product Management, in a SaaS environment.
- Engineering experience building production systems on top of modern data technologies.
- Knowledge of the Japanese language.