Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
San Francisco /
Treasure's mission is to secure the financial future of the largest and most vibrant sector of the economy: the small and medium businesses (SMBs). We believe that sustainable business comes from a holistic and disciplined approach to finances. We are looking to redefine cash flow management and its impact on every company. Treasure is turning finances departments from cost centers to profit generators.
We aim to bring corporate-grade finance to SMBs with our end-to-end cash management platform which transforms transactional data into intelligent forecasts, opportunities, and automated control. Treasure has set out to create and deliver a truly exceptional platform for cash flow management; a tool to enable SMBs to become more efficient and resilient.
Things are moving fast, and we have huge plans for 2021 to scale our organization. We are incredibly passionate about our product - we are looking for individuals who share our vision, and diligently work toward reaching these goals as a team. The leadership team is filled with incredibly innovative, intellectually curious, ethical, and energetic members. We are proudly funded by investors that uphold similar values. As such, we are looking for individuals with similar attributes to join our team, ones that truly believe they can contribute to the change Treasure is making to the business world.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join Treasure - be a part of an amazing and incredibly rewarding journey!
We are looking for a CTO to be a founding member of this team! This position is responsible for setting Treasure’s technical vision, and for strategy, implementation, deployment, and operation of all technical services.
The CTO will operate with a high degree of autonomy and must be comfortable developing and managing several initiatives with varying focuses at once. We’re looking for a CTO with deep domain knowledge and a proven track record of taking initiative in leadership, innovation, and creativity.
What You Will Do
- Develop strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
- Oversee technology architecture and infrastructure to ensure functionality, security, and efficiency
- Lead the development and implementation of company strategy for Information Security, Cybersecurity, and Data Privacy Protection, including risk-based control objectives and collaboration on technical architecture framework. The CTO will work closely with our Chief Compliance Officer to create and implement critical information security policies
- Make technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with their vision for its technological needs and to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Communicate transparently and effectively with partners and investors, sharing technology strategy, and using stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are met
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that KPIs are met
- Supervise quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
- Mentor and manage team membersDefine company standards for systems, equipment, and software
- Study current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 7+ years plus experience in a software development role, information technology role, or related field; 5-7 years in management or leadership role
- 5+ years with financial services
- You have extensive experience leading complex technology teams/organizations with responsibility for application development, security, product control, architecture, and infrastructure operations
- You have an excellent understanding of payment rails, ACH, ODFIs/RDFIs, etc.
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure
- You have deep experience in data engineering, experience in data science
- You have a track record of achieving business goals through technology strategy
- You have experience and comfort in utilizing a broad variety of technologies, and specifically with Treasure’s tech stack
- You have excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- You have experience in managing and growing a distributed team
- You are enthusiastic about technology and driven to push the boundaries of innovation today
- You are genuinely motivated to improve financial sustainability and access
- You have an entrepreneurial streak, with tangible examples of opportunity recognized and captured along with your glorious failures. You have seen it, lived it, and learned from it
- You are a great communicator and it’s a muscle you like to show off
- You know when to be decisive and when to ensure decisions are made quickly and efficiently
- You are humble (no room for brilliant jerks) and always seeking to learn and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field; Master’s degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred
Our amazing Treasure(s) (pun intended)!
Financial Wellness Package
Quarterly offsite retreats