Accountant - Pakistan (Book Keeper & Accounts Payable)
Finance – Accounting /
Ready to change the world? We’re reinventing freight and logistics at Trella. We’re a YC-backed technology company and we're looking for the best talent out there to help us build and scale our product offering. We aspire to create a step-change in the industry and we want you to be a part of the journey!
At Trella, we are always seeking to innovate and deliver best-in-class service for Shippers and Carrier Partners. Becoming the freight platform of choice is a company mission and goal. If you get excited by building efficient, scalable platforms that enable new businesses to succeed, this is the perfect role for you. You get to work at the intersection of moving economies through inland and port freight and manage key marketplace stakeholders in a fast-paced environment in an effort to drive a step-change in the industry.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Maintain accounts including double entry accounts.
- Regular updates for receivables and payables.
- Liaise with clients for collections and escalate delays to senior management.
- Create reports for various business needs including management accounting and Activity Based Costing reports.
- Prepare tax documents - primarily for VAT.
- Issue Invoices on time along with necessary documentation as per industry standards.
- Maintain soft and hard copies of all documents.
- Compile and analyze financial statements.
- Assist the team with budgeting and forecasting.
- Control petty cash and manage employee expenses.
- Education: Bachelor’s in Economics, Finance, and Accounting
- Work Experience: 1-3 years of experience in an abovementioned role
- Excellent Reporting Skills
- Must be analytical
Nice to Have(s):
- Strong ownership, a bias for action, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves.
- Relevant experience working in a developing country.
- Analytics and excellent excel / Google Sheets skills (Experience with Quickbooks)
- Experience in dealing with complex data sets of new markets
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.